Wow! I can’t believe myself, two posts in one day when I haven’t posted in months!
Yet it’s necessary.
It’s been quite a while since I’ve done any type of maintenance to the site beyond updating WordPress, and the plugins I have installed on the site. At one point I tried to change the theme, but it didn’t come out right, so I went back to the one I already had and knew it worked for me.
A change is necessary though. This blog has kept the same look for at least three years, and it’s a bit dark. It’s also not quite good for movile devices. I do a lot of stuff on my iPad, have been known to work on my android cell phone, and if by some bizarre reason I don’t have them with me, I use my mother’s android tablet.
Trying to check the site, and actually revise some posts is very hard on small screens, which is why I’ve decided to experiment with simpler themes for the blog.
There is also some problem with this particular blog, it’s hard to log into with blog editors, on the iPad, and on the iMac (yes ran away from Windows to OX when I tested Windows 8). It’s even hard to work with the WordPress dashboard at times
Animealam’s Writing Corner was the first WordPress blog installed and ran. So I probably made a lot of mistakes while learning how to use it, and they are coming back to cause problems. It’s for that reason that I’ll be setting another blog where I’ll be organizing all the posts.
I’ll probably not migrate in case the errors are transferred as well. I’m not sure yet. I’ll have to see if it’s possible to use some type of re-direction so links to the old posts still find them in the new blog. I’m not sure when exactly I’ll start since I have to do some research first, but I wanted this posted.
Powered by Qumana
It’s been a while since I last posted something here, or any of my other blogs. To be truthful I lost a bit of interest in blogging, and got distracted by other things in real life, and my writing.
I have been active writing fanfiction, although I’ve not posted anything to the sites like fanfiction.net, or Potions and Snitches.net. It’s not because I don’t want to, because I do, but because I have so many things I want to post, and yet… I’m not sure I should since all of what I have is unfinished, and most have no true names.
No Title 071, or Untitled 055, or even Unknown Title 010 tell nothing. Unfortunately I reached the conclusion I’m pants at naming my stories. The only exception are Snape’s Child, The Second Prophesy (which needs a major overhaul), and Starting Over.
Snape’s Child came in response to a challenge issued at Potions and Snitches.net. I simply loved the idea of it, and while it does not follow the challenge exactly I’m trying to comply with most. I have posted ten chapters already, and I have two more on the works with many ideas.
The main reason why I have yet to post in any fanfiction site besides my blog is because the Muses are slow with the inspiration. I don’t want to leave them on hold for so very long. Like I have with Apprentice, Unexpected Child, Second Chance, Letters Truth and Hope, Another Chance at Childhood, and Present Time.
My other stories aren’t abandoned yet, and this year I will finish at least one. That is the only New Year resolution I made.
FINISH SOMETHING, ANYTHING!
It’s hard though, new ideas keep popping all the time, plot bunnies run rampant, yet none provide me with something more than the start, or on rare cases even the middle. So I get stuck, and they end in the bookcase for months until I remember them and get back to the story.
I will start uploading the plot bunnies (more like story bunnies) to the blog once I manage to capture them into Scrivener (I adore it, and it has helped to organize my work). I might even start posting on the fanfiction sites, if I manage to name my stories.
Powered by Qumana
I finally got around doing some much needed maintenance to the blog. For I while I had planned to re-install wordpress since I had a slight problem with the versions, and updates were rather troublesome.
I also had problem with the PHP version. Despite having PHP 5 Wordpress would not recognize it, and because of that I also had memory problems that did not allow me to use the plugins I thought would be useful. It’s solved, thank God, since this problem has been bugging me since I first set up the site.
Animealam’s Writing Corner was off line for about two hours last night/early morning while I backed the database and the folders I needed. Then I deleted the previous installation of Wordpress, and re-installed it again. This time version 2.9.2
I restored the database, uploaded the folders, and installed all the plugins that I needed.
So far it seems to be working well, but if there are any problems please respond to this post so I can check them, and correct them.