Title: When Severus Meets Harry (Draft) 1/1
Warnings: Child Abuse, Severus meets the Dursleys
Disclaimer: Nope, doesn’t belong to me. I only play with them a bit.
Summary: This just the basic ideas that I want included in the story, nothing much yet in the way of story development.
The story is among the first that I started after reading OotP, but I’m not sure if I’ll ever add more to it even though I have tried a few times. I’ll need to see what else comes out.
- 6th year story.
- Character Death (Sirius is gone and not coming back)
- No brat Harry, no NICE Dursleys.
- No superpower Harry, but probably animagus. A horse would be interesting
- Snape is an animagus too, an eagle
- Severus gets found out and is severely tortured, but does not give any information.
- The Death Eaters leave him for dead in Little Whining oblivious to the fact that Harry Potter lives only a few blocks away.
- Harry is subjected to the Dursleys neglect as every summer. But this time it is worse. They are furious because of Moody’s threat and spend time thinking of ways to express their dislike of the ‘freak’ without leaving external signs.
- No one from the Order notices and it only serves to depress Harry more than Sirius death and his friends injuries at the Department of Mysteries had.
- It is Mundungus Fletcher who neglects his duty of watching Harry. Most of the times he isn’t there and since no one called them to order the muggles get confident.
- Severus carried in his robes’ hidden pockets some basic healing potions they are enough to let him walk to Potter’s house hoping to find help. He had been informed that Arabella Figg, the squib checking on Potter, had left for a few days due to an illness.
- Snape arrives staggering to number 4 Privet Drive –to the Dursleys utter horror- in plain daylight. Harry is outside weeding the garden.
- Despite not liking Snape, Harry rushes to help support him and get him inside. Vernon is not home from work yet, and despite Petunia’s dislike for wizard kind she can’t leave the man on the street. She understands there might be dire consequences if she let one of the freaks die.
- Between Petunia and Harry, they managed to get Snape to the later bedroom, and Petunia is glad she had agreed to do ‘volunteer’ work at the local hospital. It had been the ‘in’ thing to do a few years back to impress the neighbours. She still remembered some of what she learned.
- They clean the Professor and tend to his injuries the best that they can, while he is incoherent drifting in and out of consciousness. Harry can see he needs more help, and know that had there been someone really watching the Dursley home they would already be there to help Snape.
- Hedwig is not at Privet Drive. Harry sent her to Hermione when Dudley threatened to use his air rifle on her. He expected to see her on his birthday, but that was still a couple of weeks away. So he had no way to send for help.
- Vernon was so furious when he found out about the grown wizard in the boy’s room that he punched Harry on the face. Leaving Harry with a black and swollen shut eye, and a split lip.
- It was Petunia that made her husband see some sense and to understand the precarious of their situation. They couldn’t risk the wizard’s wrath. So Vernon reluctantly acquiesces to let Snape stay and recover.
- Both of Snape hands are broken so Harry realized the man would not be able to use the wand he found hidden in a boot. He is not sure how to deal with having the Potions Master at the house where he undoubtedly would find out about his life and get enough ammunition to make his 6th year hell.
- On top of his already overloaded list of chores, taking care of Snape is added, and Harry has to give up his bed. The Dursley won’t let the older wizard stay in Aunt Marge’s bedroom. So the boy gets the floor. Also they agree on feeding the man properly, but Harry’s already small rations get diminished.
- Snape regains consciousness and has no choice but to tell Harry that he was found out. To his surprise the boy reassures him that he’d be safe from Voldemort while he stays in Privet Drive.
- The Potions Master is not happy when he learns that Potter is practically incommunicado, and that no one from the Order is keeping watch. He knows there was someone with the duty that was supposed to be there all day.
- Since it was early evening the Potions Master did not get a good look at Harry’s face, and in his pained condition he at first does not wonder why the lights are off.
- Harry fixes dinner as he’s supposed to do and after he finishes serving and washing the dishes he is allowed some bread and a glass of water. He then brings a normal serving to Snape, who is in a lot of pain and eats very little. He did notice the ugly bruise and swollen eye, but Harry refuses to explain saying it’s nothing.
- Harry is hungry and he plans on eating what the Professor left. But he can’t do it while in the room or Snape would be curious. For his bad luck, Vernon catches him. Feeling bold because no one has mentioned on his hitting the freak, he gives the boy a beating while berating him for stealing the food. He had already had his piece of bread, and should be thankful that he got as much.
- Severus had begun to doze off when he heard the shouting and was completely aghast. This completely contradicted his beliefs about Potter’s life. It was even worse when he saw the boy get into the room limping and not turning the light on.
“Potter, are you all right?” He asked softly after he heard some shuffling.
“I’m fine Professor, try to rest. He is just angry about having another wizard under his roof. It’s nothing to worry about,” he said but his voice sounded a bit strained.
“He’s the one who gave you that black eye, isn’t he Potter?”
“Oh no Sir,” he tried feigning surprise, but his voice betrayed that he was in a lot of pain. “You know I’m just clumsy, I wasn’t looking where I was going.”
“I still have some healing potion. Take it. It’s in the left inner pocket.” He surprised himself by offering. But the shouting had reminded him too much of his own childhood for comfort. He too had not wanted to admit it; even less in front of his foes.
“Thank you for offering, but it’s nothing; and you need it more than I since we only have muggle medicines.”